Serving Greater Orlando Florida | Windermere | Oviedo | Longwood
From homes, HOA’s, commercial property, golf courses to luxury condominiums, landscape stone can be used to create dry river beds, rock walls, waterfalls, and more! Rock features are a great way to add functional structure to your property, and they can also double as an accent piece. When you choose a hardscaping contractor who knows how to work with landscape boulders and rock feature, your hardscaping will be that much more effective. Grasshoppers has years of experience with advanced hardscaping and rock use, and we would love to design and install your next hardscape layout!
Consult with a Hardscape Design expert!
We’ll Hop On It!! Just leave your information below.
Landscape boulders can have practical applications within your property.
At Grasshoppers, we love to work creatively. Part of that involves integrating natural features with carefully placed hardscaping, but there’s another application available: using hardscaping in unusual places. We have a few favorite applications for landscape boulders, like using them to:
- Line walkways
- Conceal outdoor lighting boxes or other necessary utilities
- Build stairs, or “visual” stairs
- Form a rustic fire pit, including seats around the fire
- Create natural property lines
- Shape creeks or rivers away from buildings
The possibilities are really endless. We take a lot of inspiration from nature, and we love creating new designs with common elements.
We like to use landscape stone found in Florida.
Sometimes the key to creating a seamless hardscaping design is using what’s around you! There are a few great rock varieties in Florida, and we love having local options, including:
- Limestone Boulders: Also known as Sumter County boulders. Central Florida is abundant in natural lime deposits.
- River Boulders: River boulders are smooth and worn rocks, ranging in size from a grapefruit to large accents. Their natural variation in color makes them perfect for waterfalls, ponds, and dry riverbeds.
- Coquina Boulders: Prehistoric native rocks formed from fossilized coquina shells. A light-orangish color, many of them have perfectly round holes.
- Finger Boulders: An irregular rectangle shape, suitable for retaining walls, fences, or waterfalls.
- Fieldstone: Irregularly shaped and available in a variety of beautiful colors, fieldstones have been a significant issue for farmers and their fields. At some point, fieldstone began to be used for construction–and the rest is history!
Choose an Experienced Landscape Rock Design Contractor
The best way to have landscaping boulders installed is to utilize a landscaping contractor who has previous experience. Without proper design experience, boulders can be placed in locations that may be entirely unsuitable!
Grasshoppers has extensive experience with both the design and installation of landscape stone. We’ll come to your property and discuss your project with you, taking time to determine exactly what your property needs or could benefit from. We’ll take care of everything, from having the boulders delivered, to settling them in their final resting place!
If you’re looking to enhance your hardscaping, contact Grasshoppers today for your rock feature consultation!Back to Hardscape Design