Serving Greater Orlando Florida | Windermere | Oviedo | Longwood
Heavy rainfall is a reality of living in central Florida. This makes proper landscape drainage all the more important. Without proper drainage, issues may start to emerge. These issues can compound and cause tremendous damage to your lawn and landscaping over time. At Grasshoppers, we work to prevent that. By providing superior drainage services, your landscaping can stay pristine and beautiful year-round.
We offer drainage solutions and diversion methods that are designed to divert excess runoff away from your property. Some popular drainage solutions include:
- Catch basins
- French drains
- Landscape grading
- Creek beds
- And more!
Do I Need a Landscape Drainage System?
It’s not always obvious when you’re having a problem with your yard drainage, but here are some subtle signs you may be:
- Yellowing or drooping plants
- Unusual pools of water
- Eroding soil
- Exposed roots
Consult with an Irrigation & Sprinkler Systems expert!
We’ll Hop On It!! Just leave your information below.
The Importance of Yard Drainage
Insufficient drainage can wreak havoc on your property. Here are just some of the damaging effects of poor landscape drains:
- Flooding: Though obvious, we list it here because flooding can be dramatically sudden. The combination of a malfunctioning drain system and heavy rainfall can cause a major issue in as little as a few hours.
- Mosquitoes: Standing water can serve as a breeding ground for mosquitoes — and once they find a single area, they can spread throughout an entire property. Excess moisture can also attract other types of lawn pests.
- Soil erosion: If you’re not using the correct type of yard drain on your property, the soil that makes up the foundation of your landscaping may start to erode.
- Plant death: This is possibly one of the worst types of damage from bad drainage because it’s totally preventable. When plant roots sit in water, they develop “root rot”, a fungus that blackens and kills the plant from underground. It’s a common problem with water-logged landscapes.
Commercial Landscape Drainage
Do you run a business that needs landscape maintenance? Grasshoppers has experience with installing and maintaining commercial property drainage. Whether you own a resort or a retail space or whatever else, trust our knowledgeable drainage technicians to preserve your landscaping.
Experts in Yard Drainage
When you hire Grasshoppers as your drainage company, we provide long-lasting solutions. We consider every element of your property, including the gradient and elevation of your land, to recommend a solution. Yes, we have extensive experience setting up drainage for sloped yards.
Your commercial property may require a french drain, which will help leach out water from areas on the ground that are consistently wet. Another option would be to use a solid pipe, which would redirect water away from areas where water is accumulating.
When you choose Grasshoppers to install landscape drains and other components, you’ll have access to all of our services, including recommendations for future landscaping improvements. Call Grasshoppers today for your ideal landscape drainage solution!Back to Irrigation – Sprinkler Systems