Mulching For Commercial Properties and HOA’s
Serving Greater Orlando Florida | Windermere | Oviedo | Longwood
There are plenty of reasons why installing various types of mulch in certain areas of properties is becoming increasingly popular. One of the most obvious ones is that mulching is an easy and cost-effective way to dramatically enhance and protect your commercial landscaping, golf course, playground or HOA property. Mulch puts an emphasis on the decorative bushes, shrubs and even trees planted throughout your landscape.
Common Types of Mulch
There are several types of mulch that can be used on your property it all depends on the appearance you’re looking for. Below are the most common types of mulch used in Florida.
- Pine Bark Mulch: This type of mulch is created from shredded pine trees. It comes in a variety of shades including brown, red, and golden brown.
- Shredded Hardwood Mulch: Hardwood mulch is created from shredded branches, forest scraps or recycled construction wood.
- Cypress Mulch: Cypress mulch is created from shredded cypress trees.
- Playground Mulch: This mulch is typically engineered wood fiber and is used to prevent injuries and create a softer surface on playgrounds.
- Colored Mulch: Mulch not only comes in a variety of forms and textures it can also come in a variety of colors using synthetic dyes. Colored mulch options include black, brown, gold, and red.
Consult with a Commercial Landscaping expert!
We’ll Hop On It!! Just leave your information below.
What Are the Benefits of Mulching?
Mulching not only enhances your property’s appearance it has health benefits for the soil and plants around it.
- Mulch acts as insulation for your trees and plants keeping them cool in the summer and warm in cooler months.
- Mulching helps the soil retain moisture which in turn reduces drought and evaporation. In fact, mulching can reduce irrigation needs by as much as 50%.
- Mulch helps reduce soil compaction from traffic or heavy rain because it acts as a buffer layer.
- Mulching helps suppress weeds from growing.
- Mulch adds nutrients to the soil improving plant growth.
- Mulching protects trees from lawnmowers and other maintenance equipment.
Mulch Installation for Your Commercial Property
From commercial properties and golf courses to playgrounds and HOAs, Grasshoppers will install your mulching at your property. We offer a variety of mulching textures and colors. So contact us today for all your mulching needs!Back to Commercial Landscaping