Retaining Wall Installation
Serving Greater Orlando Florida | Windermere | Oviedo | Longwood
Does your residential or commercial property feature an elevated or sloping landscape? Does your property have mounds or awkward hills that make it look less than picture-perfect? A retaining wall may be the answer! Grasshoppers provides retaining wall design services for both businesses and HOAs!
Retaining walls come in a variety of styles, shapes, and colors. They can also be constructed using various materials. If you’re interested in our retaining wall installation services give us a call or fill out our convenient online form today!
Why are Retaining Walls Important?
Retaining walls are designed to support the soil when there’s a drastic change in elevation. Retaining walls also:
- Help prevent soil erosion
- Add curb appeal
- Add property value
- Help make lawn maintenance easier
Consult with a Hardscape Design expert!
We’ll Hop On It!! Just leave your information below.
Retaining Wall Design for HOAs
Are you a board member for your local HOA or condominium association? Retaining walls in older communities may need repairs or replacing. We have vast experience with HOAs in the greater Orlando area and we commonly recommend a professional reserve study for planning retaining wall replacements.
Custom Designed Retaining Walls
Retaining walls can be made out of a variety of different materials, like stones, blocks, bricks, wood, concrete, and railroad ties. They can be constructed to integrate with your current landscape, or you can have one that stands out as its own!
If you don’t have a retaining wall design in mind and don’t want to commit to something you’re not sure you’ll completely love, don’t worry. We use state-of-the-art design software to virtually design your landscaping and hardscaping features. We love this technology because it allows you to really imagine what your property could look like. Take a look at this digital mockup we created for a client in the Orlando FL area.
What Are the Benefits of Installing Retaining Wall Systems?
Retaining wall blocks can be used for almost any boundary or landscape definition. Here are just a few of the functions a good retaining wall can serve:
- Entertainment and patio areas: Swimming pools and outdoor dining facilities are a great place for a retaining wall. They provide additional seating, privacy, and highlight the space.
- Borders: A retaining wall can be used as a border around your property, defining your property and elevating its look.
- Increased security: Areas that are hard to secure, like wooded areas, can have taller retaining walls built for increased security or privacy. Permits are typically required for taller walls.
- Gardens and flowerbeds: A lot of commercial property owners, HOA’s and homeowners are investing in retaining wall installation around their gardens and flowerbeds, to elevate perceived value, increase property value, and retain a high-end look and feel.
What Does Retaining Wall Design Involve?
Your design does not have to be limited to plain or straight walls. We can integrate any number of shapes into your custom retaining wall design, including curved patterns, diagonal patterns, or even a zig-zag pattern. We like to use a variety of patterns, both for function and style. We’ll include various options for you to select when designing your hardscaping.
Professionals in Retaining Wall Design
Properly constructed, retaining walls can prevent erosion, hold back soil, and protect your property investments. Installing retaining walls can be a huge undertaking and if done poorly can cause your retaining wall to crack or become unstable. Professionals like ourselves know how to properly allow ground water to escape with retaining walls so your retaining walls will last you 10+ years.
If your landscaping is looking worn or messy, consider Grasshopper’s hardscaping services! We can take care of every aspect from permits to retaining wall installation.Back to Hardscape Design